Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fish, Radiator, and a New Baby

Everyone in the family had something to be excited about today.

Since James killed Dorothy (our goldfish) while he was dry-walling two years ago, our fish tank has been in the garage. Now that the boys have a dresser there is a place for a fish tank again. Talmage chose an albino-looking, cave-dwelling fish whose eyes have been grown over by scales. He told me the name, but I've forgotten. Bryant chose a jet-black bubble-eyed fish. Sariah chose two tiny zebra fish. Tonight is their first night in their new home. The kids are thrilled with their little pets.

James got word today that the Lincoln's radiator has been rebuilt. Another project but one with very fun results. James loves projects.

I waited all day long for the delivery of our new baby. She arrived at 7:04 pm. Her name is Yamaha.


I'm so excited! We have been saving and looking for a piano for many years, and when a friend told me about this one on Saturday, I had a feeling this was it. I actually had high school graduation gift money, and wedding gift money, that I had saved for this. I'm so happy it got here in good condition and look forward to a lifetime together. Now I'm trying to choose a color to paint our piano room.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a great looking piano! I want one...so i can learn to play again. what room are you putting it? I love a light sagey green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're putting it in the room with the bay window, now the "piano room." We've got two rooms with sage green in our house, we like it too, but I'm wondering if we're overdueing (sp?) it. I have swatches if your in the area come help me choose.

    ReplyDelete