Monday, September 27, 2010

Marvelous Monday

A "marvelous Monday" is what I wish my boys every Monday as they walk out the door to school. The following are tid-bits from our "marvelous Monday."

On the way to check-ups for Sariah and Hyrum, Sariah thoughtfully stated, "I do not know why Heavenly Father got squitos on this planet." I had to agree.

Sariah and Hyrum both checked out healthy and growing. I consider that one of the greatest blessings in life.

Hyrum fell asleep in the hiking pack at JoAnn's. Now there's a boy for you, bored by all those beautiful fabrics. We also purchased 10 yards of white muslin for Young Women's third annual Virtue Hike connected with this amazing talk and this amazing talk. Sariah told me that's what she wants to do for her birthday. Hopefully, the weather will hold out, and my sweet girl and I will be hiking Badger Mountain with our Virtue Flags on her birthday.

We took the scenic route on the way home so we could roll down the windows and smell the concord grapes as we drove through the vineyards. Enchanting.

I made a little headway on Jennifer's birthday present.

The Kirby salesman didn't show up. Yeah!

I got my work out up and down the road helping Sariah learn to ride her bike without training wheels, she's getting it!

And, this is what we did for a family home evening activity. Can you believe it on Sept. 27th?

We have such nice neighbors to invite us to use their pool.

Then, we sat around the table and ate chocolate we dug out of the freezer from Easter, a chocolate bunny. It was a hit. Even though the kids were arguing about who got the bigger piece, I couldn't help but sit there and think, "Does it get any better than this?"

I know I still have to finalize a couple days on our trip and the last day, August 31st. As if you needed anymore to read!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Monday!

    Did you get the email I sent with the recipe Friday? I don't know if my emails get through to you. Let me know.

    Can Sariah come play sometime this week? What day works best for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get the recipe, thank you. How about Thursday morning?

    ReplyDelete