Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday

(I finished 8/26/10 of our trip.)

For over four years I've been stumped as to the perfect alliteration with which to send my boys out the door on Thursday. Today, even as I was giving them their good-bye kisses, it came out my mouth. "Have a thankful Thursday boys, find someone to say thank you to." This is my favorite farewell alliteration because I truly and deeply believe that when we "live with a spirit of thanksgiving...[we] will have greater satisfaction and happiness in life." (FTSoY)

Have you ever wondered what 500 hot dogs buns looks like?



James will be BBQing 500 hotdogs for lunch today. It's the seminary invite-a-friend Homecoming BBQ. He has averaged less than 5 hours of sleep this entire week staying up late and waking up early to read for his class. This afternoon he will cram in writing a paper due at 5:45 tonight before his class. Thank you James for all you do on this thankful Thursday.

I heard about this on the radio last week and it caught my attention. A 60 day diet of 20 potatoes a day. I couldn't do it, but I'm interested to see how it goes for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment