Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

"Have a wonderful Wednesday" is my farewell to the boys on this day of the week. This morning, no loose chains, and not nearly the rush. After they were so late yesterday, we woke them up 15 minutes earlier and they had to be dressed for scripture study.

Generally, it is coax and drag, drag and coax to get them out of bed and into the living room by 6:15 for family scripture study.

Except this guy. He wakes up crying to get out of bed and into the living room.



Can't you just read his little mind, "I just don't understand this stuff, maybe it's because I don't speak English yet."

On a different note. The last few weeks we've been able to hear a rooster crowing. I've loved it. Apparently not everyone in the neighborhood did. The neighbor boy came and told us they had to kill their rooster. We didn't even know it was his. So much for my country wake up call.

That leads me to another reality. We've lived peacefully and for 7 years without a constant entourage of neighborhood kids knocking at the door. Those peaceful years may be over. This afternoon I had kids walking in the door without even bothering to knock, and others knocking that I'd never even seen before. Fortunately, when it was time to go home, the kids who were playing in the house were kind enough to help clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment